Creative Edge Studio Rules & Policies
Dance studio rules are for the benefit of all students.
We emphasize the consistent practice of dance class and performance etiquette and dress code.
Registration is accepted on a first come, first served basis and placement in a class is guaranteed only upon receipt of your first payment and a signed and completed registration form. You will be notified only in the event of a class/time change or class cancellation.
To safeguard the physical development of each dancer, it is important that they attend class with students of similar abilities and experience. All students are on a trial basis in each class for the first month. Creative Edge reserves the right to make a final determination of each dancer's level.
PLEASE NOTE: The schedule is subject to change. Classes with insufficient registration will be canceled.
- Students must arrive 10 minutes before class to allow time to use the bathroom, dress, remove jewelry, and neatly put hair back.
- All students must be READY TO DANCE at the start of each class. Late students may only enter with permission from the director/teacher and may be asked to sit and observe class.
- Students who miss three or more classes may have a diminished role in performances.
- Makeups for missed classes are offered when possible and handled on an individual basis.
- Students must be dressed properly, tie up hair neatly, and remove jewelry for EVERY class. (If wearing beads, hair must be in a net.)
- Students and parents are responsible for their belongings. Do not bring valuables into the studio or waiting area. CEDS is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced property.
- All students MUST be picked up within 10 minutes of the end of class. No child without a dance class in progress is to be left at the studio without a parent or guardian present!
- NO gum, food, or drinks other than water permitted in the studio.
- NO parents/caregivers/siblings in the studio while class is in session.
- NO loud noise allowed in the waiting area when class is in session.
- NO photography or videotaping allowed at CEDS performances or in the studio, without permission.
- Eyes and attention must always be on the teacher.
- Be appreciative of corrections and apply them.
- Be kind to your classmates. Rudeness is unacceptable.
- No talking or leaning on the barre during class.
- Never stop in the middle of an exercise.
- Leaving class before it is over is not acceptable.
Regulation dance wear and shoes must be worn for all classes. Creative Edge Studio Leotards and Shirts as well as tights and dance shoes are available for purchase at studio. Properly fitted dance shoes are extremely important to the dancer. Children must be in correct dress code in order to enter class. Please make sure your student is in compliance with the dress code every week. Dancers will receive one warning and parents will be notified. From then on dancers will be asked to observe class if the dress code is not followed.
Ballet + Tap Class
- Girls: studio leotard and pink tights
- Boys: studio t-shirt with leggings, dance pants, or sweatpants
- Ballet Slippers required (pink for girls, black for boys)
- Students must wear hair in a bun.
Hip Hop + Musical Theatre Class
- Girls: studio leotard or studio t-shirt with tights, leggings or dance pants
- Boys: studio t-shirt with leggings, dance pants or sweatpants
- Black tap shoes and tan jazz shoes required
Please make sure your student is in compliance with the dress code every week. Dancers will receive one warning and parents will be notified. From then on dancers will be asked to observe class if the dress code is not followed.
Purchase of company wear and dance shoes are available with Laura Sisco at the Creative Edge Dance Studio.
We strongly encourage the highest level of commitment, consistency and timeliness to most greatly benefit your child in the growth of their training. Please plan ahead for vacations and other activities that may interfere with class times. Students/Parents should notify their teacher if they are going to miss class. However, we do understand that there are circumstances where missing class is inevitable. Therefore, we try to make our make-up policy as fair as possible. Please read details below and don’t hesitate to ask if you have questions or would like to discuss scheduling your child’s make-ups. Make-up classes are the student’s responsibility to schedule/attend and must happen in the semester they are missed.
If your child misses one or more classes due to an absence, or because their weekly class falls on a holiday that the studio is closed, they are welcome to drop-in to any other class in addition to their own in the same semester (*Must be at an equal age level or lower). Unfortunately, no refund or credit will be given for missed classes. For the best selection, we encourage you to schedule your make-up classes as early as possible. All make-ups must be completed by May 1, 2018